Saturday, August 19, 2006

New Mail Server(s)

I'm slowly moving all domain over to a new server setup. The mail server i've been using up to this point is getting to be a serious pain in the butt, the software is almost a decade old, and it doesn't give me enough ability to customize. the new server is much more robust and will allow me to do spam and anti-virus filtering before any of that stuff even reaches your mailbox.

The move will take some time as there is much work to be done, MX record propagation to wait for as well as a minor learning curve for all users. I'm trying to keep things as close as possible to where we were before, but some end-user configuration changes will be required.

The move has already began with some of the bigger domains already moved over. You will hear from me when your domain is targetted for the move.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Backflip this page to find it again